Thursday, June 10, 2010

Change

I've decided today, now, is the start of something. 

I've been half-assedly trying to start it, trying to change what I am and how I'm doing things. In the past few days I've been miserable and hateful at work, no drive, no motivation to do a thing. I'm tired of it.

Back last blog I mentioned The Travelers Tale by Andy Andrews. I've reread the book twice now. And today I start the challenge of putting the seven decisions into practice. The idea is this. Starting with the first decision, for 21 days you read it as soon as you wake up and as the last thing you do before you go to sleep. 21 days and then you move onto the next decision. For those wondering what this consists of, here you go.

1. The buck stops here. I accept responsibility for my past. I control my thoughts, my emotions and I am
    responsible for my success.
2. I will seek wisdom. I will be a servant to others, listen to the council of wise men and choose my friends
    with care.
3. I am a person of action. I am courageous, a leader. I seize this moment. I choose now.
4. I have a decided heart. I will not wait. I am passionate about my vision for the future. My course has
    been charted and my destiny assured.
5. Today I will choose to be happy. I will greet each day with laughter. I will smile at every person I 
    meet. I am the possessor of a grateful spirit.
6. I will greet this day with a forgiving spirit. I will forgive even those who do not ask for forgiveness. I will
    forgive those who criticize me unjustly. I will forgive myself.
7. I will persist without exception. I will continue despite exhaustion. I focus on results. I am a person of 
    great faith.

Anytime you start out to break boundaries and remake yourself, difficulties will arise, forces will come against you. I know this, I accept this. But I choose to move forward.

Later days...

1 comment:

Erica Wagner said...

You recommended this book to me and I put it on request at the library and neglected to pick it up in time. Yeah, yeah... I'm THAT busy.

It's still on my list to read... but maybe I'll save it when I need a kick in the pants?

Good for you to recognize your stagnation and deciding to do something about it.